Thursday, July 14, 2011

Paris Part I

Paris, the city of romance. I finally here, but then I was not really enjoy my trip because of the super extreme cold weather despite i was fully equipped for that. The weather dropped to -6 celsius on the day i reached Paris. Yes, is negative 6 celsius with wind. Never in my life experienced this killing cold until i came here. Wearing 2 pairs of gloves and keeping my hands in pockets didn't help much. Cold weather, everything look dull in winter, 2 weeks of western food and had not seen QQ for 2 weeks made me feel depressed. I pulled myself together and my mission visit Paris is complete. Vola~~~

@Arc De Triomphe. The Arc de Triomphe was commissioned in 1806 by Napoleon to honour his imperial victories but remained unfinished when he started losing. All the names of the generals and victories engraved on the inside and at the top of the arch.

Standing @Arc De Triomphe. The arch is at the center of the roundabout. You can see cars moving around the arch.

@Seine River, a major river in France.



Taking photo of myself with Eiffel tower behind.



@Eiffel Tower, I'm finally here. I didn't spent much time walking around here as the weather was too cold. I quickly asked one of the visitors to take the photo for me and left for the next destination.



This view reminds me of winter sonata~~~~



I was happy when i entered this restauran operated by chinese. I spoke chinese with the boss and asked him to recommend something nice for lunch, this is what i got~~~



Toilets at Europe dont come free accept for indoor guest. You need to put in coins in order to open the door~~~



@Eglise Saint-Eustache, one of the most beautiful Gothic churches in Paris.

@Eglise Saint-Eustache, the church is too big to capture the whole~~~

@Eglise Saint-Eustache, beautiful painted glass~~~~



@Eglise Saint-Eustache, the organ with 8000 pipes is known to be the largest organ in France. Yes, it indeed really big~~~



@Eglise Saint-Eustache, I discovered this, I love standing on it coz hot air coming out from here~~~~



@Centre Pompidou



@Centre Pompidou, having a hot coklat banana crepe on a cold day, just make my day~~~~

Few youngsters performing music near Centre Pompidou~~~ They bring cheer to the crowd !!!



@Porte De Choisy, Chinatown.

12 Feb 2010, 30th night, a important night for chinese, I had my dinner at this restauran.

It looks nice, but i didn't manage to finish it~~~

1 comment:

Moo Moo said...

After view your Paris photos feels like mei mei very lonely and cold there... no worry, this round got me. You will feels great!